Auto Tech Review may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 01, 2011.
Information We Collect
We seek two kinds of information when you visit www.autotechreview.com –
- Personally identifiable information that you choose and agree to disclose. Collected on an individual basis, this may include:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- General user information that does not contain personally identifiable information. As you browse through the website, this information is collected on an aggregate basis.
In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with requested information, you may not be able to access all of this website’s content or services.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We use your personally identifiable information to provide you with the information or content that you have requested.
- We use it for internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address, which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Our employees, agents and contractors who have access to personally identifiable information are required to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- We will not share your personally identifiable information in ways unrelated to those described above without providing you with an opportunity to opt out of such use or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our website utilises the standard technology called ‘cookies’ and web server logs to collect information about how the website is used.
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognise the computer used to access a web Site. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s web browser on the user’s hard drive. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at this website, and the websites visited just before and just after this website. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
How do you access and/or modify your personal information?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personally identifiable information that we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as installing electronic security systems that guard against unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, so you do so at your own risk.
Company Name: Springer India Pvt. Ltd.
Address: 7th Floor, Vijaya Building, 17, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi – 110 001
Telephone No.: +91 11 4575 5888