A new Federal-Mogul aluminium piston for a triple turbo diesel engine with 93 kW/l power illustrates that aluminium continues to offer potential for extreme engine applications. At the same time, passenger car engines with ignition pressures greater than 220 bar and more than 100 kW/l of specific output will necessitate steel pistons. Steel designs for such extreme applications require special attention to thermal management, though. In this article, Federal-Mogul shows different engineering aspects of aluminium and steel pistons.
- ATR BureauCastrol Introduces Restart and HeadStart Offers to Support Production
- ATR BureauMahindra Launches BS 6 Compliant Marazzo Diesel
- ATR BureauInteriors Revealed of the Upcoming Toyota Urban Cross
- ATR BureauVestige Ventures Launches Mach-Drive NanoEnergizer Additive Range
- Deepangshu Dev Sarmah2020 Honda City | First Drive Review
- Suhrid BaruaConnecting Technologies Shaping Future Of Mobility