The requirement to reduce CO2 emission to a minimum is one of the key performances for future passenger car concepts. Tyre manufacturers can contribute to this aim by creating special low fuel consumption tyres. Continental shows how the rolling resistance of summer and winter tyres can be cut down by around 30 % without disadvantages in other performances. This is done by taller diameter and more narrow running width. A low fuel consumption tyre of the type 195/55 R 20 serves as an example for electric cars, compared to the today’s serial size 205/55 R 16.
- ATR BureauDaily News Capsule: Tata ZConnect App | Hyundai Kona EV Record & More
- ATR BureauHyundai Kona EV Reaches Highest Altitude to Set Guinness World Record
- ATR BureauTata Motors Rolls Out Feature-Rich ZConnect App for Nexon EV
- Auto Tech ReviewList of Fines Under Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill 2019
- Auto Tech Review BureauJK Tyre Launches Treel Sensors To Enable Smart Tyre Technology
- ATR BureauDomestic Auto Sales Continued to Dip in August for 9th Consecutive Month