Honda has recently launched the new Amaze sedan for an introductory price of Rs 5.59 lakh. The Amaze goes up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki DZire, Tata Tigor and Hyundai Xcent. Here are 10 things you ought to know about the new Honda Amaze.
1. This will be the first time Indian consumers would be able to sample a diesel powered compact sedan mated to a CVT transmission. Torque figures for the i-DTEC diesel stand at 200 Nm @ 1,750 rpm for the five-speed manual transmission, and 160 Nm @ 1,750 rpm when mated to the CVT.
2. Addition of a new keyless entry system and offers a touch-based lock and unlock feature which is usually found in bigger sedans and is a convenient and welcomed addition.
3. Increase in length, wheelbase, width and more ground clearance now gives more space for the interior cabin, giving more shoulder and knee room. But the rear head room can still use improvements. The increased measurements have also paved way for a larger boot, but the loading and unloading of luggage still takes considerate efforts.
4. The new infotainment system now features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and the touch sensitivity on the system is quite responsive and is easy to use. The infotainment system also works as the display for the rear-view camera providing the driver with a better view.
5. The new Honda Amaze also comes with an advanced air condition system and a new auto ac feature, with a more reduced cooling time.
6. The new Amaze is being offered with 3 years unlimited kms. warranty which can be increased to 5 years.
7. Honda is offering the Amaze petrol powered CVT variants with paddle shifters, a first for this segment.
8. The steering wheel is now more advanced with more on the wheel control options like cruise, voice and audio controls.
9. The new Amaze now offers a standard safety system with inclusion of dual airbags (standard on all variants) and ABS with EBD.
10. The new Honda Amaze has 4 variants: E MT, S MT/CVT, V MT/CVT, VX MT and starts at Rs. 5.59 lakh (ex-showroom - Delhi).