Within the framework of a research project funded by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi), Leiber Group GmbH & Co KG and the University of Stuttgart, Institute for Internal Combustion Engines and Automotive Engineering (IVK) have developed an aluminium connecting rod for a 1.8 l four-cylinder engine. The material-compliant component design made it possible to approximately halve the mass of the new aluminiumconnecting rod compared to the previous steel version. In a four-cylinder engine, this amounts to a total weight saving of about 1 kg.
- ATR BureauCastrol Introduces Restart and HeadStart Offers to Support Production
- ATR BureauMahindra Launches BS 6 Compliant Marazzo Diesel
- ATR BureauInteriors Revealed of the Upcoming Toyota Urban Cross
- Abhijeet SinghMaruti Suzuki S-Cross Petrol: First Drive
- Deepangshu Dev SarmahKia Sonet – A Mighty Offering In The Compact SUV Segment
- Suhrid BaruaADAS Will Serve As Catalyst For Improved Vehicle Safety