Vehicle mass can be reduced to some extent through optimised vehicle design, which is a highly iterative process, wherein design is optimised either by eliminating part and/ or function redundancy across the vehicle systems and also part consolidation. However, significant mass reduction can be achieved when high density steel in vehicle components can be replaced with lower density material such as Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS), aluminium, magnesium or composites. There are various critical challenges that need to be addressed to successfully use the lightweight materials for vehicle applications.
- ATR BureauCastrol Introduces Restart and HeadStart Offers to Support Production
- ATR BureauMahindra Launches BS 6 Compliant Marazzo Diesel
- ATR BureauInteriors Revealed of the Upcoming Toyota Urban Cross
- Abhijeet SinghMaruti Suzuki S-Cross Petrol: First Drive
- Deepangshu Dev SarmahKia Sonet – A Mighty Offering In The Compact SUV Segment
- Suhrid BaruaADAS Will Serve As Catalyst For Improved Vehicle Safety