Named after Celtos – the son of Hercules, Kia’s first offering for India has finally rolled off the production line. The Kia Seltos draws its name from the mythical Greek character as well as facets that modern day car buyers are looking out for – sporty and stylish. With the origins of this quirky moniker out of the way, we can safely tell you that the Kia Seltos should be the new benchmark for competition in this segment. The Seltos is a compact SUV that will contend in a rapidly growing market, led by the likes of the Hyundai Creta. We motored all around Goa in different variants of the Seltos, to bring out this review of the first product from Kia’s stable in India. SELTOS – A SINGULARITY At the moment, the Kia Seltos has a sense of uniqueness about it in India. Being the first in our country from a manufacturer that has a couple of Red Dot design awards under its belt, Kia had already made waves with the SP2 concept at the 2018 Auto Expo. When seen in the flesh for the very first time, the Seltos has a charming aura that is capable of keeping eyes fixated. This compact SUV looks quite proportionate and futuristic. With a distinct tiger nose front grille and its crown jewel LED headlamps, the front gets a dapper appearance, one that we feel will ensure an immense popularity for the brand in India. Heartbeat LED DRLs, sweeping light bar and ice cube LED fog lamps round up the unique look this SUV sports in the front, with the bumper housing multiple air dams and sporting a neatly chiselled appearance.
- ATR BureauTata Motors Introduces ‘ZIPTRON’ for Electric Vehicle Segment
- ATR BureauMulticoreWare, Uhnder Join Hands to Develop Radars for Autonomous Vehicles
- ATR BureauIndia Intelligent Mobility Summit Deliberates On Innovation in Mobility
- Auto Tech Review BureauOkinawa Becomes Eligible for FAME II Subsidy
- Dipl.-Ing. Kristof PolmansSteer-By-Wire Systems Safety, Comfort And Individuality
- Anirudh RahejaTata Intra: Engineered for Loads with Looks